One area of real interest is the 'Associated results' on the right-hand side of the TRIP results page (image below).
These are resources that could be useful to a user, but are not a core part of the TRIP index. These are problematic for a few reasons:
- They increase the time it takes for the page to load.
- It's not scalable, in that we could put many more resources there - but it wouldn't work.
- It looks messy.
I think I was hoping that most would indicate that they don't use them and we could, perhaps, relegate them to the bottom of the results page. But, and reinforcing why it's useful to ask your users, here are the results so far:
- Leave them alone, they're great and I use them all the time - 15.8%
- Leave them alone, they're useful and I use them from time to time - 52.6%
- Remove them completely I rarely/never use them - 2.6%
- Make them less prominent e.g. at the bottom of the results so they can be used if the answer can't be found in TRIP - 28.9%
Irrespective of the outcome - I'm really glad I asked!