- Relationships between articles e.g. via citations, by being in the same publication
- Relationships between users e.g. linked by clinical interests, by geographic location
- Relationships between articles and users e.g. looking at the same articles
Take a really simple example (click on image to enlarge it)
- Papers six and seven weren't liked.
- Paper two looks the most popular
- Users 2 and 3 appear similar/close (both looking at two of the same papers)
- Paper five is really suited to nurses while papers one (to a point), two and three are more 'doctor' focused
- Paper four has mixed interest.
What do people think? I've really simplified things to make a point and I doubt the data will ever be as clear cut.