"Freemium is a business model by which a product or service (typically a digital offering such as software, media, games or web services) is provided free of charge, but a premium is charged for advanced features, functionality, or virtual goods."
Freemium has many advantages, namely security (if people sign up) and of keeping the site - mainly - free. But what would it look like?
I'm currently working on a few benefits to people signing-up:
- Discounts of various 'evidence-based' products (events, courses etc).
- I'm talking with a book publisher about getting pretty reasonable discounts on their books.
- Removal of adverts, so a subscriber would not have to see them.
Also, pricing would need considering. I was thinking of £2 per month, which is relatively low (in richer parts of the globe).
The fact that I've revisited the topic after 6 months shows two things:
- It's still a model I'm interested in.
- It's not clear-cut, otherwise I would have done it by now!