At Evidence2010 I was a aware of a number of themes (in reverse order):
- The whole publishing model is wrong.
- Clinicians needs support in using the evidence ie what to do once they read a trial and know an intervention works, how do they actually use or administer it!
- Conflicts of interest (COI) are widespread. Pharma is an obvious COI but also in academia there are significant issues.
- There’s no more money – the healthcare systems in ‘the West’ have no more money to keep pumping into healthcare.
- Need to work more closely with patients to help make them better decision makers.
- Clinicians need to say this phrase more often – I don’t know.
- There’s an awful lot of love for TRIP 🙂
Obviously, I’m very pleased about the last one. Overall, a very good, thought-provoking conference!