On the Rapid-Reviews blog I highlighted the decision to create the Trip Rapid Review System (TRRS). It got me thinking that it’s both about RRs and Trip – hence me mirroring this new post below. I suspect there are different audiences for each blog!
In thinking about the TRRS I see it being a multi-step process supported, where possible, with technology to automate the process as much as possible. The steps are as follows:
- Question setting/clarification, including the extraction of search terms.
- Search and document selection, including various techniques to unearth articles that may have been missed.
- Data extraction to produce an evidence table.
- Narrative review including a conclusion or clinical bottom line (to be decided).
- Review finalisation. All the above parts pulled together to produce an easy to read rapid review.
- Publication and peer review.
Over time I will expand on each step, highlighting how it could work. It’s good for me to do as I need to think through all the issues and it gives readers the opportunity to give feedback.