After a few delays the new version of TRIP is out!
The improvements are as follows:
- Much improved search algorithm, more relevant results at the top and less ‘noise’.
- 26 specialist search engines. 26 today and more in the near future. These specialist search engines allow users to simultaneously search the core TRIP content plus the top 10-15 journals specific to that area. I see it as a bridge between users having to go from TRIP to the full, difficult to use Medline.
- New content, we’ve added a load of web 2.0 content, wikis, podcasts and webcasts.
- A trial of linking to UK-approved education. Today the UK but if the trial works we’ll introduce education from around the world.
- A new category ‘More’ to house the new content.
- Ability to arrange results by relevance or by year.
- We’ve removed the big google ads banner.
There’s more, but those are the main improvements.
Tomorrow, a meeting with our web-people to plan the next upgrade….
November 17, 2007 at 6:03 pm
This comment has been removed by the author.
November 17, 2007 at 6:09 pm
Congratulations – and thanks for the fav.icon!>BTW: I’d suggest a change of the colour of the results box to reflect that you’re seaching a specialist TRIP.