So far the site has exceeded our expectations. We’ve had nearly 700 people register on the site in the first week and the feedback has been overwhelmingly positive.
You may be pleased to know that we’ve got back to work with the next round to upgrades and tweaks to the site. Here’s what we’re planning:
- Overhaul of the TRIP Answers site. We’ve never really been satisfied with the performance of the site, so now’s a good time to tackle that. It will also allow us to integrate enhanced CPD functionality.
- CPD is increasingly important. So, as well as better signposting of our reflective CPD offering we’ll be releasing over 6,000 self-test CPD packs.
- Twitter feeds. We’ll be working on a mechanism to link TRIP in with Twitter.
- Background knowledge area. We’ve had lots of positive feedback but a few comments about the look and feel. So, we’ll be taking those points on board as well as increasing functionality and coverage.
- Introducing a search wizard.
- Semantic analysis. We’re working hard to bring a semantic analysis function (a similar principle is used in PubMed’s related articles feature). We plan to use this to help keep the TRIP Answers content up to date, experiment with free-text search and also to introduce a ‘follow this’ feature for each article. Basically, if you like an article you can follow it and any new, closely linked, articles are added to the site – we’ll let you know.
Feel free to comment on the above and also make any requests!