As we enter a new year it’s tradition to look back at the previous year. So, for 2017, so here we go:
- 981,510 separate sessions (separate visits to the site)
- 618,082 separate users
- 3,573,702 page views
- 5mins 5 seconds – average session duration
- 4,989,342 minutes spent on the site over the year by all our users
- 12.66% reduction in bounce rate (people who come to the site and only look at the page they land on)
- Most popular country for visitors: USA (21.3%), UK (11.0%), Spain (6.8%), Australia (5.2%) and Canada (4.6%)
Those figures relate to people coming to the site but we allow third party sites to use our service via an API. As such we get used a lot more.
Given that over 40% of our searches support improved patient care (see here and here) we can be sure we’ve had a massive impact on global healthcare. Previously we’ve tried to quantify our impact so here goes for 2017:
- If we assume 1.25 searches per session on the site = 1,226,887 searches
- Assume we gain another 33% of searches via our API = 408,921
- Total searches = 1,635,808
We estimate 40.8% of searches result in improved patient care which equals 667,410.
So, globally, Trip has improved care 667,410 times.